The Legrand Outlook add-in is a great productivity tool that helps you manage contacts and track every customer interaction. The Legrand Outlook add-in displays a panel inside your Outlook account. You can copy emails into your CRM, view contact details, view upcoming calendar events and record activity notes, tasks, or opportunities.
Managing Contacts from Outlook
When you select an email from an existing CRM contact, the Legrand Outlook add-in displays CRM information such as the contact’s details, recent activity notes, tasks, calendar appointments and opportunities.
From the CRM panel in your Outlook account, click the plus icon to record a new activity note, task or opportunity.
NOTE: You can only view calendar appointments in the Legrand Outlook add-in panel. Go to the calendar tab in Outlook or the Calendar module in Legrand CRM to edit any calendar appointments.
Quick transfer emails into Legrand Cloud CRM
Click on the mail icon to transfer an email into Legrand Cloud CRM. The Legrand Outlook add-in provides two options:
- Quick Transfer: Transfers and stores the email in Legrand Cloud CRM as an activity note for the contact. Legrand Cloud CRM stores the email’s subject as the activity note’s title. For example, an email with the subject “Re: Follow Up” would appear in Legrand Cloud CRM as an activity note with the title “Re: Follow Up”.
You can transfer the selected email with the attachments or without the email’s attachments.
- Advanced Transfer: You can edit the title, assign a different manager, link an opportunity and include or exclude attachments before you transfer a copy of the email.
Bulk transfer emails into Legrand CRM
The ‘Legrand CRM’ tab located at the top of your Outlook account provides three options for bulk transferring emails:
- Transfer selected including attachments: Transfers selected emails into Legrand Cloud CRM with email attachments.
- Transfer selected excluding attachments: Transfers selected emails into Legrand Cloud CRM without email attachments.
- Advanced transfer: You can edit the title, assign a different manager, link an opportunity and include or exclude attachments before bulk transferring emails into Legrand Cloud CRM
The Legrand Outlook add-in provides visual indicators to show when an email successfully transfers into Legrand Cloud CRM. In Outlook, you can edit the conditional formatting rules to suit your preferences.
Managing New Contacts
When you receive an incoming email from a contact that does not exist in your CRM, the CRM panel provides three options:
- Create New Contact: Create a new contact record in Legrand Cloud CRM.
- Add email address to existing Contact: Add an email address to an existing contact record in Legrand Cloud CRM.
- Attach email to existing Contact: Transfer a copy of the selected email and store it within an existing contact record.
Calendar Sync & Settings
Click the gear icon to access the Legrand Outlook add-in settings. From the Legrand Outlook add-in settings, you can:
- Log Off
- Set up an automatic calendar sync between the Legrand Cloud CRM Calendar and your Outlook Calendar.
- Perform a manual calendar sync between Legrand Cloud CRM and your Outlook Calendar.
- View information such as the database connection name, account number and email.